Saturday 2 August 2008

Star Trek: TOS 3.23 - All Our Yesterdays

Review 77 - Episode 78

The One where Spock falls in love (5000 years ago)


Ah, this is a good episode. Spock and Bones are transported back to a planet's ice age and Spock falls in love and starts "regressing" with human emotions.

Nimoy's excellent this episode, truly selling Spock falling in love. The 2nd story of kirk in Victorian England is superfluous but enjoyable. I really liked the end, especially poignant considering this was the last trio episode. Good stuff.
(Note: apologies for the Season 3 TOS reviews. I like to think of them as being more skeleton reviews that I will one day come back to (probably the remastered episodes) and re-review. But time marches on and there are many more Trek episodes. Just a wee bone to anyone following my reviews to say that I know these are sparse, but keep the faith and they'll be redone. Yes, I am drunk as I type this)

4/5
Overall Star Trek Franchise Rating so far: 215/390

No comments: