Monday 12 May 2008

Star Trek: TOS 1.8 - Charlie X

Review #7

The one with the Kid who has God like powers



Stop me if you've heard this one before. A semi regular staple in TOS (much as Holodecks going bad would be in TNG's,etc), this has Charlie trying to fit in with the Enterprise crew as a teenager, but he has these powers that can do...anything.




This one isn't really for me. It's been a long time since I was a teenager and whilst everyone can appreciate being the new guy and all the awkwardness and misunderstandings (though i don't blame him for having a crush on Rand - who doesn't), it makes for a rather predictable story. I don't like Charlie, so you're onto a loser from the start with me. And the God powers...again!! And i know there's more coming up with the same idea.

Unintentionally funny moment of the series so far - The shat doing his gymnastic wrestling. Homoerotic comedy gold. But i still don't like this episode i'm afraid, even if I appreciate what it's trying to do.

2/5

No comments: