Wednesday 7 January 2009

Star Trek: TNG 3.5 - The Bonding


Review 136 - Episode 132 (20th Oct 1989)

The One with the little orphan boy

Ah well, just watched 4 on the bounce, so bang goes my spreading them out idea. Bloggers being a bit buggy with the pics, so they'll get posted later.

I find it hard to believe this is Ron Moore's first episode, because it's a stinker. An officer is killed on a an away mission, leaving her son an orphan, but he's not grieving as he should. Then an entity appears as his Mom and the boy bonds with Worf kindof.

I dunno, this was just garbage to me. Maybe if I was in the right frame of mind, I'd enjoy it, but I barely tolerated this episode.

2/5
Overall Star Trek Franchise Rating so far: 393/675
Alternate Review: Tim Lynch - http://www.tcs.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/~hwloidl/TL/tng3/bonding.html







Troi/Crusher Appreciation Society



No comments: