Wednesday 22 October 2008

Star Trek: TNG 2.19 - Manhunt

Review 128 - Episode 124 (19th June 1989)

The One where Lwaxana's back

Yes, it's that yearly episode where Deannas mother Lwaxana comes to visit.
You know by now if you love these episodes or loathe them. I used to loath them, but maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, as I though this was decent and had some funny moments. It's a terrible idea though. Troi's Mother is sexually active and wants a mate. She pursues everyone bar Geordi (once again, he get's no sexual storylines). Now, whether you think this is a funny concept will determine whether you like this episode. On the face of it, it looks bad, but I actually laughed out loud at Picards antics and Rikers as well. Majel barrett does seem a natural at comedy. I don't mind these episodes, but I'm always glad when they're gone.
The assassin B plot with the fish people is bizarre and tacked on for on apparent reason. There seem to have been issues with the script, so maybe that had something to do with it.
Better than you'd think. But no more for a while, eh?


3/5
Overall Star Trek Franchise Rating so far: 373/645

Beverly Crusher Appreciation Corner

No comments: